Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Omojola, Matthew; Castillo, Mauricio
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
With hundreds of illustrated cases, this volume in the Teaching File Series gives you ready access to actual cases culled from the teaching files of major medical centers.
It covers a wide variety of CNS diseases that are presented as unknowns with coverage of both brain and head and neck cases. Each case features two to four images and follows the Teaching File template: clinical history, findings, differential diagnosis, diagnosis, discussion, questions, key issues for the report, what the clinician needs to know, and answers. It’s the next-best thing to a personal consultation with teaching hospital experts!
- Clear, concise discussions mimic those performed on a daily basis between residents and faculty members.
- Cases are now randomized, to better prepare you for challenges faced in an everyday clinical setting.
- Both brain and head and neck cases are highlighted by color perfusion, PET, and functional/MR spectroscopy images.
- Common neuroimaging cases are featured, including both normal anatomy and the use of advanced imaging in differential diagnosis.
- Collaboration with clinical services and pathology provides an interdisciplinary perspective whenever possible.
- Dozens of cases feature full-color images.
Neuroimaging: A Teaching File