Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Mathisen, Douglas J.; Morse, Christopher R.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 87
Take your surgical skills to the next level with Thoracic Surgery: Transplantation, Tracheal Resections, Mediastinal Tumors, Extended Thoracic Resections, a volume in the Master Techniques in Surgery Series!
This thoracic surgery reference provides the richly illustrated, step-by-step guidance you need to perfect a full range of thoracic surgery techniques, avoid and manage complications, and achieve optimal outcomes.
- See exactly how to perform the full range of procedures, both open and minimally invasive, for lung transplantation, thoracic outlet syndrome, pectus repair, diaphragmatic plication, and removal of mediastinal tumors.
- Gain insights from international authorities, gleaning each expert’s preferred techniques in rich detail.
- Efficiently review background, indications and contraindications, surgical techniques, avoidance of pitfalls, and management of complications and results for each procedure, as well as selected references for further reading.
- Don’t miss Thoracic Surgery: Lung Resections, Bronchoplasty, the companion volume by Drs. Mathisen and Morse.
- Expand your repertoire with other volumes in theMaster Techniques in Surgery Series! Overseen by Josef E. Fischer, MD, editor of the classic two-volume reference Mastery of Surgery, these titles cover a wide range of common and advanced procedures in the major subspecialties of general surgery, including breast surgery, colon and rectal surgery, esophageal surgery, gastric surgery, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery, and hernia.