Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Luketich, James; Landreneau, Rodney J.; Pennathur, Arjun
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 90
It’s time to grab a copy of Master Techniques in Surgery: Esophageal Surgery.
Fully illustrated and comprising the clearest, most procedural approaches to esophageal surgery in any textbook available today, this surgical atlas distills vast stores of knowledge from the field’s most renowned surgeons into one definitive book. Covering the full spectrum of surgical techniques, and enhanced by illustrations and tables, each chapter presents a deconstructed, sequential breakdown of every procedure, mimicking real-life experience in the operating room. Don’t leave anything to chance; ensure the utmost in accuracy by sinking your teeth into this authoritative text.
- Formatted chapters briefly assesses indications, contraindications, and preoperative planning before fully explaining and illustrating the procedure in step-by-step detail. Outcomes, complications, and follow-up are also discussed.
- Topics include gastroesophageal reflux disease, paraesophageal hernia, swallowing disorders, esophageal cancer, and endoscopic ablative therapies and resection
- Procedures are presented as both open and minimally invasive
- Color illustrations visually describe each surgical technique and highlight key anatomic structures
- End-of-chapter further reading facilitates comprehension and complete understanding