Publication Year: 2012
Authors/Editor: Sperling, Leonard C; Kowper, Shawn E.; Knopp, Eleanor A.
Publisher: CRC Press
Diagnosing and treating hair disorders is still a subject that is rarely or only superficially covered in residency training. Hence, dermatopathologists and clinical dermatologists often find a gap in their knowledge. This new edition bridges this gap and serves as a primer, an atlas, and a reference.
- Supplies basic information on anatomy
- Examines clinical features that provide a clinical / pathological correlation
- Details the practical processes of evaluating specimens
- Includes new photographs demonstrating basic and advanced histologic features of hair disease
- Explores several new diagnoses
Disorders in this edition include senescent balding, loose anagen hair syndrome, psoriatic alopecia, and psoriatic alopecia, and chemotherapy-induced alopecia. The book also contains a glossary of terms related to hair pathology.