Publication Year: 2012
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Burchard, K. W.
Publisher: CRC Press
Covers all aspects of acute and emergency care for the critically ill or injured patient who may be in the ICU and/or CCU.
This new edition is separated into chapters by organ systems, and takes a look at the critical disease states associated with these organs. All chapters follow the same structure:
- Physical examination and monitoring
- Laboratory results
- Treatment options (with supporting evidence)
New to this edition:
- Full update on the advances in basic and clinical science since publication of the first edition
- An update to treatment options in all sections
- A new chapter on acute abdominal illness
- Online learning features including questions & answers and case studies