Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Guimaraes, Marcelo; Lencioni, Riccardo; Siskin, Gary P.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 84
Comprehensive and up to date, this book covers all the current devices, basic and advanced techniques, and tips and tricks that you need to know to make the most of these frequently performed procedures in your practice. From a review of embolic agents, to step-by-step clinical applications, to discussions of the future of embolotherapy, you’ll find complete coverage of today’s embolization procedures in one convenient volume.
- Covers all basic techniques as well as specialized procedures such as interventional oncology, management of vascular malformations, endovascular management of trauma, uterine fibroid embolization, and more.
- Offers the knowledge and experience of dozens of recognized experts in vascular and interventional radiology, neuro-interventional radiology, and vascular surgery worldwide.
- Provides updated standards of care from global authorities in the field, as well as personal tips and tricks in quick-reference tables throughout.
- Contains a chapter on practice development and the future of embolization therapy, helping you add value to a portfolio of procedures with specialized or unusual techniques.
- Gives clear, concise guidance on intracranial and spine embolization, head and neck embolization, peripheral embolization, gastrointestinal arterial and venous embolization, hepatic embolization, intravascular delivery of therapeutic agents, pediatric embolization, and much more.
Embolization Therapy: Principles and Clinical Applications