Publication Year: 2012
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: French, Jill
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Boost your confidence!
This great reference has the latest information on diseases, tests, treatments and patient teaching to keep you on your toes, whether you’re on patient rounds or revising for exams! You’ll find the essentials on:
- Fundamentals, such as health history and patient assessment
- Dozens of diseases across 13 body systems, related cause of disease, pathophysiological signs and symptoms, test results, treatments and nursing interventions
- The nursing process, perioperative care, pain management, care of the older adult and cancer care
- Evidence-based research findings
Eliminate the complications of med-surg by reviewing this challenging subject the easy way. Icons make learning simple and user-friendly:
- A closer look offers an in-depth look at anatomical structures and complex disease pathways
- What do I do? identifies potential crises and emergency actions you must take in response to patient changes
- Weighing the evidence supports recommended nursing actions by presenting evidence-based research
- Education edge presents patient-teaching tips and checklists to promote wellness and prevent complications
- Quick quizzes help you review what you’ve learned and help explain more challenging concepts
Adapted from the popular Made Incredibly Easy! series this text includes relevant language, references, legislation and measurements for the Australian New Zealand marketplace.