Publication Year: 2011
Authors/Editor: Lester, J.L.; Schmitt, P.
Publisher: The Oncology Nursing Society
Takes an interdisciplinary approach to the physical, psychosocial, and practical aspects of survivorship.
In her foreword to this book detailing cancer rehabilitation and the journey toward survivorship, Betty Ferrell, professor of nursing research and education at the City of Hope, wrote, ""Survivorship is the all-encompassing experience of having lived beyond those initial words of 'you have cancer' and toward a life embracing both the gifts and the burdens of life beyond that diagnosis and treatment.""
- The evolution of survivor care
- Physical and psychological challenges survivors must endure
- Practical challenges such as employment and dealing with economic burden that can cancer can inflict
- Maximizing the health of survivors
- A look at survivorship now and in the future
Cancer Rehabilitation and Survivorship: Transdisciplinary Approaches to Personalized Care