Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Zhang, Yingze
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
This second edition features an in-depth review of a much larger sample size in a nationwide study on fracture incidence.
All fractures are classified according to the widely accepted AO/OTA system for immediate recognition and analysis. Not only will readers get a full statistical overview of fracture location, segment, and type, but they will also learn key demographic data such as age, gender, incidence rate, and more.
- All new 349,935 fractures in over 371,822 additional patients than in the first edition
- More than 2,000 anatomic diagrams, illustrations, MRI and CT images, and X-rays that clearly demonstrate how the AO/OTA fracture classification and coding system works
- Easy-to-follow, standardized chapters that cover accepted classifications and nomenclature, anatomy, mechanisms of injury, epidemiological features, and take-home messages on diagnosis and treatment for each bone and segment
- Multicolored pie charts and bar graphs that make statistical information accessible and user-friendly
- Numerous case examples reflecting the author’s depth and breadth of experience
In addition to being a core reference for orthopaedic residents and surgeons, this is an indispensable reference for academic researchers; medical schools, libraries, and hospitals; and clinicians reviewing data for analysis or publication. It offers a wealth of information that will impact treatment planning, future allocation of resources in trauma care, and initiatives in preventive medicine.