Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 2nd Ed
Authors/Editor: Weerda, Hilko
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Drawing on decades of operating room and teaching experience, the author and his team offer a complete guide to reconstructive options for facial, head, and neck defects in this eagerly awaited second edition. Their systematic, step-by-step approach, with an emphasis on meticulous preoperative planning, evaluation of alternatives, and selection of the best procedure, ensures optimal results for all patients.
Special features of the second edition:
- Includes more than 1,500 sequential illustrations of each procedure, along with full-color intraoperative photographs and before and after surgical results
- Reviews the full range of local, regional, and free flaps used in the reconstruction of facial structures, with chapters on myocutaneous island flaps, delto-pectoral flaps, and free microvascular transplants written by well-known practitioners
- Offers new and expanded sections on dermabrasion, free flaps, removal of skull bone for modern defect reconstruction, instrument sets/trays, and more
- Covers the entire scope of the field, from basic principles, anatomy, wound healing, and scar revision to defect closings in each facial region, bone grafts, and the groundbreaking auricular reconstructive techniques developed by Dr. Weerda
- Focusing on the questions, problems, and technical solutions most commonly encountered in everyday practice, this compact book will be valuable to both the novice and more experienced surgeon. It is filled with the insights, wisdom, and experience of a leading worldwide expert, and will be kept close at hand as a refresher, teaching guide, encyclopedia of facial plastic techniques, and standard operating room reference.