Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Kline-Tilford, Andrea M.; Haut, Catherine
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Confidently prepare for the Acute Care Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (CPNP®) exam and excel on the job.
Presented in an easy-to-read bulleted format, this all-inclusive guide covers all exam topics, from system-based pediatric disorders to family and psychological issues.
Offering professional advice, test-taking strategies, and practice exams, this is the essential text no pediatric or acute care nurse should be without.
- Official review text for the Acute Care CPNP® exam administered by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Review Board
- More than 750 multiple-choice questions in exam format – 350+ end-of-chapter questions and two 200-question practice exams, with answers/explanations
- Expert guidance on pediatric patient management - Current data and practice tools for diagnosing and managing complex acute, chronic, and critical pediatric conditions in inpatient and outpatient, emergency, and home care settings, emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration
- Full coverage of topics including:
· System-based problems - Scientific background and practice guidelines for managing pediatric disorders, with each chapter addressing a different body system
· Age-related information - Guidance on meeting the specific physiological and psychological needs of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults
· Pediatric patient and family issues - Vital information on development, nutrition, and sleep; guidelines for family-centered care, transitional care, home care, and more
· Professional issues - Current data on quality improvement, safety, diversity, and health policy; official guidance on certification, licensure, credentialing, documentation, billing, and more
Lippincott Certification Review: Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner