Publication Year: 2012
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Parker; Rosado-de-Christenson; Abbott
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 83
Written by renowned experts in chest imaging, this book enables radiology residents, fellows, and practitioners to hone their diagnostic skills by teaching them how to interpret a large number of radiologic cases.
This book is an invaluable illustrated reference that all physicians in radiology and chest imaging in particular, including pulmonary medicine physicians and thoracic surgeons, should have on their bookshelf.
Features of the second edition:
- Over 1500 high-quality images demonstrating normal and pathologic findings and their variations
- More multiplanar, CT angiographic (CTA), MRI, and 3D imaging is incorporated into the text, helping readers stay current with this rapidly changing technology
- 40 new cases and updated images in cases from the previous edition
- A new post-thoracotomy chest section addresses normal post-operative findings and complications associated with common thoracic interventional procedures
- Neoplastic diseases section includes the new TNM staging system for lung cancer
- Adult cardiovascular disease section now contains a discussion on univentricular and biventricular or end-stage heart failure including various ventricular assist devices and the Total Artificial Heart, their imaging features, and complications associated with their use
- Diffuse lung disease section has been expanded to include an approach to HRCT interpretation
- Case discussions are based on up-to-date reviews of current literature as well as classic landmark articles
- Pearls are provided to describe the features that may strongly support a specific diagnosis, enabling readers to sharpen their clinical diagnostic skills