Publication Year: 2011
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Schwartz, Theodore; Anand, Vijay
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 91
Describes both cutting-edge endoscopic techniques and tried-and-true decision-making methodologies that lead to the most successful outcomes.
It is indispensable for residents in training as well as for practicing neurosurgeons and otolaryngologists who are making the transition to the newest minimally invasive endoscopic procedures in the treatment of pituitary lesions.
- Step-by-step descriptions of the newest endoscopic pituitary and skull base procedures, ensuring that specialists have full mastery of techniques for different tumor types in this surgically challenging area
- Clinical wisdom and perspectives of the masters of pituitary surgery, who share insights on patient selection, endoscopic versus open procedures, medical management, and much more
- Operative pearls from both neurosurgeons and otolaryngologists
- Compelling discussions of the pros and cons of various procedures (e.g., the utility of intraoperative MRI in pituitary surgery cases)
- Inclusion of detail-revealing 3D endoscopic images (complete with 3D glasses)
- Rationale for a collaborative neurosurgery--otolaryngology team approach to developing and implementing the most innovative endoscopic and skull base techniques