Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: WOCN Society; Doughty, Dorothy B.; McNicol, Laurie L.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
This volume in the new Core Curriculum series from WOCN® covers Wound Management, and is the crucial text for nurses practicing or studying wound care.
It offers pathology and physiology basics in easy-to-grasp terms, while providing expert guidance on patient management. The perfect study guide for the wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) certification exams, it also provides step-by-step direction on essential nursing procedures.
The evidence-based, easy-to-follow format of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ Core Curriculum: Wound Management facilitates your comprehension of:
- Skin anatomy and physiology
- Physiology of wound healing
- Principles of wound assessment and management
- Nutritional assessment and support.
Step-by-step instruction leads you through care planning and delivery, including oncology-related skin and wound care, and palliative care.
- End-of-chapter Q&As help you remember all vital points
- Clinical pearls highlight important takeaways
- Numerous full-color photos, diagrams, and tables aid understanding of vital topics.
Practical directions cover:
- Wound cleansing and dressing selection
- Skin and soft tissue injury caused by mechanical factors
- Pressure ulcer prevention
- Venous, arterial, and neuropathic wounds
- Wounds due to lower-extremity arterial disease and neuropathic disease
- Surgical wounds
- Management of patients with percutaneous tubes; fistula management
- Skin and wound care for neonatal, pediatric, geriatric, and bariatric populations, and the spinal cord-injured patient.
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ Core Curriculum: Wound Management is essential for nursing students in wound care programs; nurses involved in wound care; nurses in gastroenterology, urology, and surgical nursing; graduate nursing students; those seeking WOC certification or recertification; and nursing faculty.
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® Core Curriculum: Wound Management