Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 2nd Ed
Authors/Editor: Zaccagnini, Mary; White, Kathryn
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 100
The first text of its kind and is modeled after the eight DNP Essentials as outlined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
Each section discusses the materials relevant to an element of the Essentials document and advises on the steps necessary to fulfill the requirements of the degree. The text is written for current DNP students as well as those considering the degree program. It also serves as a fantastic reference for professionals and those who have already completed a DNP program.
Updates to the new edition include:
• Greater detail around identifying specific nursing strategies for application and practice
• A revised chapter on informatics that contains newer bedside tools for evidence-based practice (EBP) implementation
• New data on the current health care reforms
• A strong focus on community health
• Expanded chapters on emerging roles and the DNP project
The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing