Publication Year: 2014
Authors/Editor: Kavaler, Florence; Alexander, Raymond S.
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 96
Doody Core Title:
The completely revised and updated edition covers the basic concepts of risk management, employment practices, and general risk management strategies, as well as specific risk areas, including medical malpractice, strategies to reduce liability, managing positions, and litigation alternatives.
This edition also emphasizes outpatient medicine and the risks associated with electronic medical records. The book offers readers the opportunity to organize and devise a successful risk management program, and is the perfect resource for governing boards, CEOs, administrators, risk management professionals, and health profession students.
New to this edition:
- New chapter on Risk Management for Infection Control Programs
- New chapter on Telemedicine
- New chapter on Risk Management in Ambulatory Care Settings
- New chapter on Risk Management in Office-Based Surgery
- Emphasis on electronic medical records, including security and encryption issues
- Discussion of the impact of health care delivery on academic medical settings
Risk Management in Health Care Institutions: Limiting Liability and Enhancing Care