Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 4th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Forister, J. Glenn; Blessing, J. Dennis
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 65
Helps students, faculty, and practitioners understand the research process, interpret data, comprehend results, and incorporate findings into practice.
From choosing a research project and developing the research process design, to systematically gathering information, analyzing, interpreting data, differentiating among conflicting results, and finally understanding the overall evaluation, Introduction to Research and Medical Literature for Health Professionals, Fourth Edition will ease fears and help students and practitioners develop research skills to acquire and contribute knowledge that benefits their patients.
New to the fourth chapter:
- NEW Chapter: Statistics in Health Care
- NEW Chapter: Systematic Reviews
- Heavily revised chapter on the regulatory protection of human subjects, providing readers with a comprehensive look at the workings of the institutional review board
- Completely rewritten chapter on qualitative research
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter, presenting the chapter’s desired outcomes to the reader
Introduction to Research and Medical Literature for Health Professionals