Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Hess, D.; MacIntyre, N.; Galvin, W.; Mishoe, S.
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 100
Doody Core Title:
With contributions from over 75 of the foremost experts in the field, the third edition represents the very best in clinical and academic expertise.
The book incorporates the latest information on the practice of respiratory care into a well-organized, cohesive, reader-friendly guide to help students learn to develop care plans, critical thinking skills, strong communication and patient education skills, and the clinical leadership skills needed to succeed. This text provides essential information in a practical and manageable format for optimal learning and retention. It includes a wealth of student and instructor resources, and content cross-referencing the NBRC examination matrices.
- More user-friendly content specifically for the anatomy and physiology of respiratory, cardiac, renal, and neural systems.
- Expanded, revised, and enhanced resources for students and instructors
- More than 580 photos and illustrations, and more than 300 tables and equations
- 2015 NBRC Competencies
- AARC Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Patient Safety and Protocols
- Ventilator Associated Events
- Patient Education
- Critical Thinking
- Prevention of Re-admissions
- Affordable Care Act
- Extracorporeal Life Support for Respiratory Failure
- Respiratory Anatomy
- Respiratory Mechanics
- Control of Breathing
- Cardiovascular, Renal, and Neural Anatomy and Physiology