Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Vigorita, Vincent J.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 92
Ideal for orthopaedic, pathology, and radiology residents and practitioners, the updated third edition is a comprehensive, practical guide to diagnosing musculoskeletal disorders, offering details on the pathologic and radiologic characteristics of all bone and joint diseases
Highlighted by more than 1,700 high-quality illustrations, it focuses on helping you reach an accurate diagnosis for virtually any orthopaedic disorder you’re likely to encounter, including cysts, arthritis, synovial lesions, fibrous lesions, metastatic cancer, metabolic bone disease such as osteoporosis and Paget’s disease, fractures, osteomyelitis, tumors and tumor-like lesions and developmental bone disorders. A separate section on soft-tissue pathology discusses meniscal injuries, bursa, ligaments, and tendons.
- New sections include a review of common orthopaedic procedures
- Expanded sections on joint replacement surgery, prosthetic joint infections, osteosarcoma and its variants, cartilage tumors and the pathologies associated with bisphosphonate therapy to keep you up to date with timely topics.
- More than 1,700 illustrations – including full-color photomicrographs, drawings, and radiographs – provide superb depictions of bone and joint disease.
- Useful appendices discuss tissue banking in the use of bone grafts and cover special techniques such as immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology. A glossary defines specific orthopaedic disorders and to addresses the often unique terms, eponyms, and names of orthopaedic diseases.
- Relevant laboratory and clinical findings as well as therapeutic suggestions are included throughout.