Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Price, Bonnie; Maguire, Kathleen
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Access the vital knowledge required for competent forensic nursing practice, with this clear, concise title developed by the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN).
Rich with practical instruction, the book offers a full view of the role of the forensic nurse, who practices at the intersection of the health care and the legal systems. For practicing forensic nurses or those who are exploring this dynamic and growing specialty, there is no better guide.
Cutting-edge, expert content on areas including:
- Forensic nursing fundamentals and practice standards
- Roles and practice settings open to forensic nurses
- Legal, ethical, and social trends in forensic nursing
- Interacting with the legal and judicial systems; testimony; legal terminology
- Forensic nursing in the health care, mental health, correctional, and military care settings
- Forensic nursing subspecialties
- Human trafficking issues
- Vicarious trauma and self-care