Publication Year: 2014
Authors/Editor: Malik, Omar; Donelly, Ann; Barnett, Michael
Publisher: S. Karger
The authors of Fast Facts: Multiple Sclerosis have detailed the latest developments for use in clinical practice by all members of the multidisciplinary team.
Rapid advances in multiple sclerosis (MS) research have produced diagnostic achievements and new treatments that are helping clinicians diagnose and potentially treat MS in the earliest phases of the disease.
It is with this sense of optimism that the authors of Fast Facts: Multiple Sclerosis have detailed the latest developments for use in clinical practice by all members of the multidisciplinary team. Highlights include:
• A refreshingly readable account of the latest evidence on disease pathomechanisms
• A concise overview of investigations, diagnostic criteria and red flags for differential diagnoses
• A holistic approach to all signs and symptoms, and proactive relapse management
• An evidence-based analysis of all the latest disease-modifying drugs, including when to treat, choice of drug and risk versus benefit
• A detailed outline of emerging therapies
• Case histories that will guide treatment decisions
• Special considerations for MS during pregnancy, and in children and the elderly
Fast Facts: Multiple Sclerosis