Publication Year: 2014
Authors/Editor: Hatton, Chris; Collins, Graham; Sweetenham, John
Publisher: S. Karger
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 94
Written by three experts in the field from the UK and USA, Fast Facts: Lymphoma applies an international perspective to this challenging disease in a unique format within the context of clinical practice. It is a valuable resource for trainee doctors and specialist nurses working in the field of hemato-oncology. It will also be of interest to the inquiring patient or carer who wishes to know more about lymphoma.
Hodgkin lymphoma and the many different subtypes of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) have different responses to treatment, so accurate diagnosis and a rational approach to management are essential.
Fast Facts: Lymphoma distills the most important aspects of the diagnosis and management of these complex disorders into a highly accessible well-illustrated summary of the key facts. This fully updated second edition provides:
- A clear outline of the nature of lymphoma
- The essentials of clinical presentation, biopsy and basic histology
- The latest laboratory diagnostics, including immunophenotyping, cytogenetics and microarray technology
- Key aspects of staging and initial therapy
- Superbly illustrated overviews of the pathology, presentation, treatment and prognosis of each lymphoma subtype
- New treatment options, including targeted biological therapies
- A practical overview of supportive care for the complications of lymphoma
Fast Facts: Lymphoma