Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Sanford, Kathleen D.; Moore, Stephen L.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 100
Offering expert guidance from a successful clinical dyad, this unique, forward-looking reference maps the way to enacting clinical co-leadership, while avoiding the pitfalls of power imbalances, communication gaps, and lack of management training.
Use the authors’ proven methods and everyday examples to create collaborative co-management among clinicians from a range of disciplines—while reducing costs and improving patient outcomes.
- History of healthcare management, leadership models and payment systems
- Integrating and maximizing the skills of clinical and nonclinical professionals
- Forming dyad-led teams and multiple partnerships: choosing or being assigned a partner, challenges of shared leadership; essential skills; sharing power; learning dyad skills
- Handling internal team problems, dynamics and power shifts
- The next era of health care management – leadership in hospitals, units, and clinics
- ""Dyads in Action"" – Real-life stories in each chapter detailing examples of team-building and how different teams have dealt with dyad challenges
Dyad Leadership in Healthcare: When One Plus One is Greater than Two