Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Iyer, Ramesh S.; Chapman, Teresa
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 86
Ideal as a quick refresher for experienced radiologists as well as an efficient learning tool for residents, this new text puts indispensable information at your fingertips in a practical, high-yield format.
More than 1,300 superb illustrations highlight the "essentials" of the field – information that is vital to understanding the wide variety of pathologies seen in pediatric imaging.
- Detailed imaging studies, including radiography, fluoroscopy, nuclear medicine, CT, MRI, and ultrasound, accompany concise guidance on the primary pathologies that affect children.
- Recent updates on disease classification systems and new terminology keep you up to date, and clinical management strategies and the purpose of diagnostic imaging protocols ensure that you can apply what you’re learned in practice.
- Coverage of every essential area of pediatric radiology, including upper and lower airway obstruction, congenital lung lesions, chest trauma, upper GI obstruction, abdominal wall disorders, congenital urinary tract abnormalities, multicystic renal disease, skeletal trauma, bone and soft tissue tumors, vascular and traumatic brain injury, and much more.
- Learning objectives and summary points in each chapter help you focus your study, references are provided for further in-depth learning, and information is subdivided within organ systems, consistent with the resident curriculum set forth by the Society for Pediatric Radiology.
- Over 100 multiple-choice questions, all consistent with current certification exams, reinforce important concepts and facilitate self-assessment.
- Perfect for practicing radiologists, pediatricians, pediatric subspecialists, pediatric surgeons, family practitioners, fellows, and residents on clinical rotations.
Pediatric Imaging: The Essentials