Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Parvizi, Javad; Rothman, Richard H.; Wiesel, Sam W.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 90
This single-volume resource contains the user-friendly, step-by-step information you need to confidently perform the full range of joint reconstruction surgical procedures. In one convenient place, you’ll find relevant chapters from the Sports Medicine, Pediatrics, and Trauma sections of Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery.
Superb full-color illustrations and step-by-step explanations help you master surgical techniques, select the best procedure, avoid complications, and anticipate outcomes.
Written by global experts from leading institutions, Operative Techniques in Joint Reconstruction Surgery, 2nd Edition, provides authoritative, easy-to-follow guidance to both the novice trainee or experienced surgeon.
- Step-by-step procedures are illustrated with outstanding full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings that demonstrate how to perform each technique.
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same concise format: definition, anatomy, physical exams, pathogenesis, natural history, physical findings, imaging and diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, non-operative management, surgical management, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Detailed descriptions of surgical anatomy help you master even the most challenging and highly technical procedures.
- Extensive use of bullet points and a highly templated format allow for quick and easy reference.
- Ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure, whether a familiar standard or a new and evolving technique.
Operative Techniques in Joint Reconstruction Surgery