Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 6th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Gordon, Catherine M.; Katzman, Debra K.; Neinstein, Lawrence S.; Callahan, Todd; Joffe, Alain; Rickert, Vaughn
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 94
Doody Core Title:
Continues to deliver practical, authoritative guidance on everything from normal development to legal issues, psychosocial care, and special populations.
Extensive updates include the addition of young adult health care; a new color design; numerous new chapters; more algorithms, photos, and bulleted text; and fresh perspectives from a new senior editor and two new associate editors.
This renowned title is ideal for daily practice or board preparation, and is recommended by the American College of Physicians for their internal medicine library. The 6th edition is a highly useful resource for pediatricians, family practitioners, gynecologists, internists, house staff, nurse practitioners, PAs, residents, medical students, and fellows, as well as school-based clinics, college health centers, juvenile detention centers, pediatric ERs, and other facilities that serve adolescents and young adults.
- One of the first texts to incorporate young adults into the scope of adolescent health care.
- New full-color design and more clinical photos provide visual appeal and clarity.
- New chapters cover U.S. and world data on the health of adolescents and young adults, potential effects of technology use on youth, and the growing issues regarding transgender adolescents and young adults.
- New section explores special populations such as foster placement; young adults in the military; homeless, incarcerated, and immigrant youth and young adults; Native American youth, and more.
- More algorithms and bulleted lists make the text more readable and useful as a quick reference.
- Evidence based throughout, with numerous references provided for further research.
- Key topics include psychological issues, ways to develop rapport with teenagers, interviewing, sports medicine, LARC, HPV, substance abuse, and college health.
- Hundreds of useful websites on nearly every topic, where professionals, teenagers, and parents can find up-to-the-minute information.