Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Grover, Frederick L.; Mack, Michael J.; Fischer, Josef E.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 89
This outstanding resource distills vast stores of knowledge from the field’s most renowned surgeons into one definitive atlas. Richly illustrated, step-by-step guidance covers a full range of adult cardiac surgical techniques, and clearly demonstrates how to avoid and manage complications and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Easy-to-follow guidance on the full range of adult cardiac procedures, including primary aortic valve surgery, tricuspid valve procedures, cardiovascular trauma, myocardial revascularization procedures, pericardial surgery, cardiothoracic transplantation, cardiac assist devices, and many more.
- Formatted chapters briefly cover indications, contraindications, and preoperative planning before fully explaining and illustrating the procedure in step-by-step detail. Outcomes, complications, avoidance of pitfalls, and follow-up are also discussed.
- Color illustrations visually describe each surgical technique and highlight key anatomic structures.
- Expertly written by international authorities, with clear demonstration of their preferred techniques.
- Ideal for cardiothoracic surgeons at all levels, residents and fellows, and for use with patients who ask for more detail about a particular procedure.
Master Techniques in Surgery: Cardiac Surgery