Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Singh, Ajay
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 94
Master the key concepts that are critical to the practice of gastrointestinal radiology!
Covering everything residents need to know for clinical rotations, this efficient learning tool puts indispensable information at your fingertips in a practical, high-yield format. Learning objectives, summary points, differential diagnosis tables, and multiple-choice questions facilitate effective study. More than 800 superb illustrations highlight the "essentials" of the field – information that is vital to understanding the wide variety of pathologies seen in gastrointestinal imaging.
- Detailed imaging studies, including radiography, fluoroscopy, cross-sectional imaging modalities, barium studies, MR imaging, and more accompany concise guidance on the primary pathologies that affect the GI tract.
- Recent advances in radiology are discussed by a team of well-known experts in the field, keeping readers up-to-date with radiology’s role in early detection, diagnosis, triage, and treatment.
- Coverage of every essential area of gastrointestinal radiology, including barium studies, esophagus, stomach, duodenum and small bowel, large bowel, appendix, peritoneum, liver, gall bladder and bile ducts, pancreas, and spleen.
- Learning objectives in each chapter help focus study, references are provided for further in-depth learning, and a complete self-assessment exam is provided at the end of the book.
- Approximately 200 multiple-choice questions, all consistent with current certification exams, reinforce important concepts and facilitate self-assessment
Gastrointestinal Imaging: The Essentials