Editor(s): Nahai, Foad
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Impact Factor: 2.697
The official publication of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), ASJ is also the official English-language journal of many major international societies of plastic, aesthetic, and reconstructive surgery representing South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. It is also the official journal of the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and The Rhinoplasty Society.
The journal features:
- Original research and review articles on topics relevant to the safe and effective practice of aesthetic surgery, including anatomical studies, outcomes of clinical techniques, and patient safety
- Original articles outlining technical details of established and developing aesthetic surgical and non-surgical treatments for enhancement of the face, body, and skin
- Original contributions, review articles, and commentary from related disciplines such as anesthesiology, bariatric surgery, dermatology, genetics, psychiatry, psychology, oncology, and radiology
- Important research and techniques in reconstructive surgical procedures having a significant aesthetic component
- Scientific evaluation and commentary regarding the effects of aesthetic surgical and nonsurgical interventions on such measures as quality of life, psychological and social functioning, and self-esteem in diverse gender, age, and cultural contexts
- Developments in the broadening relationship of aesthetic surgery to the full range of medical and allied health care fields
The journal also includes Continuing Medical Education (CME) articles and exams.
Prior to Volume 15, Aesthetic Surgery Journal was a newsletter. This newsletter does not appear in the archive. Volume 15 itself was known briefly as Aesthetic Surgery Quarterly, and is included in this archive for completeness.