Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: West, Robert; Shiffman, Saul
Publisher: S. Karger
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 100
Here, in one place, you will find all the information you need on smoking, tobacco addiction and how best to treat the addiction.
Ultimately, the best reason for reading this book is to help your patients who smoke to change their behavior for the better and sustainably. Anyone can benefit from this edition, filled with tips, advice and treatment aids for the clinical team.
- Cigarettes as a nicotine delivery system
- Smoking patterns
- Social, psychological and economic influences on smoking
- Effects of smoking and smoking cessation
- Addiction to cigarettes
- The clinician and smoking
- Treatments to aid smoking cessation
- Future trends
Fast Facts: Smoking Cessation