Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 5th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Myers, Jeffrey N.; Hanna, Ehab Y.N.; Myers, Eugene N.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
While this text is multi-disciplinary, it is written by head and neck surgeons with a primary focus on the surgical aspects of treatment for otolaryngologists and trainees.
More than 52,000 head and neck cancers are diagnosed each year in the US alone. The leading causes of these cancers include tobacco and alcohol use and infections with HPV. Treatment usually involves surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, which involves a team of physicians from each of these areas.
Generally considered a definitive and classic reference in the field, this book provides comprehensive coverage of everything from basic science to treatment and rehabilitation.
- Classic and established text in the field
- Comprehensive coverage from basic science to treatment and rehabilitation
- Extensive revisions to cover new techniques and topics since fourth edition
- Multidisciplinary with focus on the surgical aspects of treatment
- New color photographs and drawings throughout
- Written and edited exclusively by and for head and neck surgeons