Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Achcar, Rosane Duarte; Groshong, Steve D.; Cool, Carlyne D.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 83
This practical reference uses select images of clinical and pathological findings, together with succinct, expert instructions, to guide you through the decision-making process by distinguishing between commonly confused pulmonary lesions.
By presenting material according to the way pathologists actually work, this user-friendly volume helps you quickly differentiate entities that have overlapping morphologic features in both neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung pathology.
- Presents more than 90 differential diagnoses in pulmonary pathology side by side for easy comparison, including the most common entities as well as selected rarer diseases.
- Provides concise, bulleted summaries of clinical and pathological findings and relevant pictorial examples on the corresponding pages.
- Features high-quality images of similar-looking lesions side by side for easy comparison.
- Helps you accurately and efficiently answer many everyday questions such as, "Is this UIP or NSIP?" and "Is this malignant mesothelioma or reactive mesothelial hyperplasia?"
- Ideal for practicing pathologists, pathologists in training, residents, and medical students.
Differential Diagnoses in Surgical Pathology: Pulmonary Pathology