Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Randleman, J. Bradley; Ahmed, Iqbal Ike K.
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 90
Throughout three major sections and 28 chapters, top experts share many years of combined wisdom, firsthand tips, and extensive skills acquired from utilizing and refining IOL techniques.
The comprehensive, richly illustrated text and accompanying surgical videos provide invaluable training on how to handle even the most complex cases, including strategies for overcoming obstacles such as compromised capsular support.
- Overview of design, materials, and technical specs for all available IOLs
- Analysis of next-generation IOLs
- Step-by-step procedural guidance on the latest surgical approaches
- More than 50 online videos provide real-time learning from the operating room
- Clinical insights on residual astigmatism, dysphotopsias, opacifications, ruptured posterior capsules, uveitis glaucoma hyphema (UGH) syndrome, and iris defects
This book is a remarkable hands-on learning tool for anterior segment, cornea, refractive surgery, and glaucoma training and a must-have resource for every ophthalmologic resident, fellow, and practicing clinician.