Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Kaufman, Andrew J.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Preserve function and restore appearance by understanding the whys and the hows of the best surgical repairs for facial reconstruction!
Written by Dr. Andrew J. Kaufman, Practical Facial Reconstruction: Theory and Practice teaches a systematic approach for successful surgical management of facial defects. Comprehensive and invaluable, this practical reference expertly helps you develop an approach to facial reconstruction that is applicable to not only the cases presented in this book but also most defects that one might encounter in their surgical practice. The goal is to choose the best repair for a particular situation, dependent upon the patient, the location and the surgical defect. In addition to repair selection and design, the book teaches the practical technique of facial reconstruction, in particular helping to demystify some of the more complex or intimidating facial repair procedures.
- Helps you accomplish both functional and aesthetic goals, guiding you through the thought process of how to determine the best repair for a specific surgical defect in a particular location and patient, and why it is preferred over other options.
- Uses a concise, step-by-step approach that leads you expertly through several techniques for each facial region. Bulleted key points highlight indispensable teaching details in each example.
- Features clinical images, artist illustrations, and the author’s pearls for each repair.
- Includes examples of second intention healing, side-to-side repair, grafts, and various advancement, rotation, transposition and island flaps. For more complex repairs, such as bilobed transposition flaps, helical rim advancement flaps and paramedian forehead flaps, a step-by-step approach helps teach readers the intricasies of these more difficult repairs.
- Enhances your surgical flexibility, creativity, and expertise by providing a simplified, unique approach to facial reconstruction from a master surgeon in the field.