Publication Year: 2013
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Sinclair, Rodney; Jolliffe, Vicky
Publisher: S. Karger
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 78
This fully revised second edition is an ideal resource for primary care practitioners, practice nurses, trainee dermatologists and medical students wanting to provide the most appropriate therapeutic, cosmetic and supportive advice to their patients, and for trichologists and consultant dermatologists wanting to keep up to date and informed on the many hair and scalp disorders.
• A well-illustrated overview of hair biology and the normal hair cycle
• A clear guide to history taking, observational examination and investigation
• Over 70 tables, illustrations and photographs to aid clinical diagnosis
• A concise explanation of the role of androgens and genetics in male and female pattern hair loss
• Practical steps for the assessment of diffuse hair loss
• Comprehensive details of topical and systemic therapies for alopecia areata
• A classification of scarring alopecias, with treatment options
• Scalp disorders presented by symptom – scaly, itchy or painful
• An overview of special problems in children
Fast Facts: Disorders of the Hair and Scalp