Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Visser, Lynn Sayre; Montejano, Anna Sivo; Grossman, Valerie Aarne
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
This concise, user-friendly orientation guide and reference for new and seasoned nurses, paramedics, preceptors, educators, management teams, and anyone else working in the triage environment offers guidelines covering key processes and practices triage nurses use daily.
Chapters address core elements of triage such as patient point of entry, acuity scales, and ""red-flag"" patient presentations and how to handle them; coordination and communication with other health care team members; and documentation.
- Provides essential guidance for key procedures and protocols in an easy-to-read, easy-to-access format
- Offers practical triage information with a focus on emergency department and urgent care settings
- Focuses on processes, critical thinking, and the legal aspects of triage
- Includes care considerations for specific patient populations
- Incorporates advice from seasoned emergency department nurses and triage educators