Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Breakey, Suellen; Corless, Inge B.; Meedzan, Nancy L.; Nicholas, Patrice K.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
This text is designed specifically for nurses and nursing students who have an interest in global health as a specialty, regardless of experience or education level.
The editors and contributors have firsthand experience of the complex dynamics in achieving global health, and bring a wealth of knowledge to this important field, which has grown as a course and specialty.
The text depicts the worldwide expansion of nursing partnerships between resource-rich and resource-limited countries, discusses challenges and obstacles, and provides cases and guidance on how to achieve global health. It will appeal to all nurses, from student nurses embarking on a global health experience to more experienced global health nurses who offer professional nursing expertise from around the world.
- Case studies depict real-world experiences.
- Presents firsthand knowledge of global health dynamics, challenges, and opportunities.
- Provides a wealth of information from multiple perspectives.
- Authored by contributors across a variety of clinical and academic roles who are experienced in global health nursing and global health.
- Includes chapters written by nurses from both resource-limited and resource-rich countries.