Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Ciocco, Maggie
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 89
This pithy reference guide for nurses in the preceptor role is brimming with information about how to successfully educate, protect, socialize, and evaluate nurses transitioning into a new environment.
In an easy-access, bulleted format, this resource helps preceptors establish clinical objectives, execute evaluation and feedback techniques, identify role responsibilities, develop positive communication skills, and develop effective teaching/learning strategies.
- Delivers vital information on all aspects of successful nurse preceptorship in a concise, easy-access format
- Includes evidence-based content throughout
- Provides guidance on identifying and developing successful nurse preceptors
- Addresses organization, prioritization, delegation, effective communication, conflict resolution, and the development of critical thinking skills
- Offers key information on competency assessment and evaluations
- A special ""Preceptor's Problem Solver"" chapter addresses clinical issues unique to the nurse preceptor's role
Fast Facts for the Nurse Preceptor: Keys to Providing a Successful Preceptorship in a Nutshell