This reference guide for nurse practitioners and other health care providers in emergency, medical, screening, fast track, and/or pediatric settings continues to provide ultra-quick access to key assessment and management information.
The Pocket NP delivers a wealth of information for assessment and management of the most-commonly encountered problems in fast-track settings. Arranged in a logical head-to-toe format, it includes the history, physical examination, and essential medical decision-making considerations needed to walk you step-by-step through a typical patient encounter.
New to the Second Edition:
- Updated medical decision-making sections with documentation templates
- Updated pharmacology and drug administration information
- New ultrasound dictation templates for each section where it is performed
- New tables including eye chart for vision in trauma patients
- New ultrasound images
- New line drawings depicting various conditions
- Updated clinical guidelines
- Provides ultra-quick access to patient treatment information
- Offers easy-to-use framework for quickly locating critical knowledge
- Presents templates for identifying normal and abnormal presentations
- Delivers content in logical head-to-toe format
- Includes time-tested “Tips” and “Don’t Miss” boxes with bullet points of critical information
- Provides anatomic illustrations that assist in diagnosis/management of conditions
- Contains billing information
Springer Publishing Company
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Shea, Sheila Sanning; Hoyt, Karen Sue; Jordan, Kathleen Sanders
Emergency Medicine & Trauma
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Doody Core Title