Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Beck, Cheryl Tatano
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 98
Doody Core Title:
Grounded in the author's 30 years of experience as a highly esteemed nurse researcher, the book guides nurses step by step through all aspects of program development.
Numerous examples of various types of nursing research programs provide insight into potential research paths, and information from the author's own long-term research on postpartum mood and anxiety disorders is used to illustrate concepts throughout the book. The text also includes suggestions for sustaining a research trajectory and provides detailed strategies for publishing successive studies.
With an eye to exploring every possible research avenue, the book addresses interdisciplinary collaborative research and international research collaboration.
- Provides specific steps for developing a successful research program in nursing and the health sciences
- Demonstrates how to use both quantitative and qualitative research methods to produce a knowledge-driven research trajectory
- Provides time-management strategies for research productivity
- Explains how to plan for sequential studies and sustain a successful research trajectory
- Uses concrete examples of research programs, including the author's own programs on postpartum mood and anxiety disorders