Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Laposata, Michael
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 86
Here's a convenient, quick-reference guide to common errors and pitfalls in test selection and result interpretation for practitioners and trainees in all areas of clinical medicine.
Authored by recognized experts and educators in laboratory medicine, it provides timely, practical guidance about what to do and what not to do for practitioners ordering or interpreting clinical tests. Each topic features a concise overview and summary followed by a list of bulleted standards of care that will enable practitioners to quickly recognize and avert a potential problem.
Organized for easy access to critical information, this pithy guide addresses all major issues practitioners are likely to encounter during their day-to-day clinical work. It is intended for practitioners in pathology, laboratory medicine, primary care as well as nurse practitioners and physician assistants. It is also a valuable resource for clinical trainees and students who need to learn effective, efficient use of the clinical lab in practice.
- Provides practical guidance for avoiding common errors and pitfalls in lab test selection and interpretation
- Includes pithy overviews and recommendations for quick reference
- Written by expert authors and educators in laboratory medicine
- Presents bulleted standards of care
- Serves as a concise, to-the-point teaching guide
Clinical Diagnostic Tests: How to Avoid Errors in Ordering Tests and Interpreting Results