Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Anderson, Kelley M.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 95
Doody Core Title:
Focusing on the interprofessional team, this cardiovascular resource provides evidence-based knowledge and guidance for advanced practice nurses in a variety of care settings.
Its clinically relevant and directly applicable information is presented in an accessible and well-organized format. The book encompasses clinical findings, diagnostic testing, state-of-the-art procedures, and therapeutic interventions commonly used in inpatient and outpatient clinical cardiology. It is specifically designed to meet the informational needs of advanced practice registered nurse providers and students, including family nurse practitioners, adultgerontology acute care nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists, and clinical nurse specialists.
This resource covers the full range of cardiovascular conditions, both chronic and acute. It discusses the interprofessional cardiovascular care team; explains the cardiovascular history and clinical examination in step-by-step detail; analyzes clinical findings; details common stable and urgent conditions; describes the preoperative cardiovascular evaluation; advises on the selection and appropriateness of laboratory evaluations and cardiovascular diagnostic studies; provides an overview of state-of-the-art procedures, including electrophysiology; and assesses therapeutic interventions, including lifestyles, pharmacotherapeutics, and invasive techniques. It supports the development of clinical judgment skills and therapeutic decision making by considering the challenges presented through advances in technology and the increasing complexity of diagnostic procedures. An appendix features tables of relevant and essential cardiovascular guidelines for quick reference.
- Details current and cutting-edge practices and contemporary issues in cardiovascular care
- Applies evidence-based research findings to clinical practice
- Compares diagnostic testing options and therapeutic interventions
- Clarifies complex topics through the use of tables, algorithms, images, and lists
- Contains an eight-page color insert
- Identifies pertinent studies and resources for cardiovascular care
- Describes common cardiac procedures and screening methods
- Supports the development of clinical judgment skills and therapeutic decision making