Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Forsting, Michael; Jansen, Olav
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 91
This book is an indispensable tool at the workplace, as reference for image interpretation, and even for fast orientation during the examination.
The imaging quality achievable in MR imaging today was inconceivable just a few years ago. No other subdiscipline has evolved so swiftly while placing ever-greater emphasis on fast and accurate results.
In this book, adjunct information is provided that fosters the dialogue with referring physicians: for most diseases and conditions there are summaries of epidemiology, clinical findings, pathogenesis and pathophysiology, as well as basic therapy concepts.
- A fast-reference guide, even in tricky cases-differential diagnosis made easy, with high clinical relevance
- Tips for organizing examinations
- Reference images for comparison with actual images
- A reference book for looking up equivocal findings
- More than 1,300 vivid, high-resolution images from the latest generation of scanners
- Coverage of peripheral nervous system diseases and MR neurography
- Answers to questions such as:
-- What technique is best for answering a specific question?
-- What does normal anatomy look like, and what landmarks should be sought?
-- Which differential diagnoses should I consider?
-- What are the optimal equipment settings at my workplace?
-- What therapeutic options does interventional radiology provide?
For all radiologists in hospital or office settings, also for neurologists and neurosurgeons.