Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Shokrollahi, Kayvan; Whitaker, Iain S.; Nahai, Foad
Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 98
Written by pioneering, world-renowned flap surgeons, this is the quintessential manual on the use of reconstructive flaps - with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions.
Overview chapters on each major anatomical area provide a general approach to reconstruction, with detailed tutorials on workhorse flaps in the A to Z section. The didactic text is enhanced with high quality operative photographs, illustrations, and videos, resulting in a resource that enables integration of these techniques into surgical practice.
- Progressive intraoperative photos and superb illustrations guide the reader through safe and efficacious flap approaches
- Planning and decision-making chapters cover basic principles, microsurgery, imaging, and an overview of current options
- Flaps section details the multivariate usages of microsurgical flaps, pedicled flaps, perforator flaps, and more
- Videos focus on the anatomy and basic principles of technique for a range of common flaps further delineating and simplifying flap surgery for the practitioner
- The Masterclasses section is packed with state of the art innovations, personal experience, and insights on managing challenging reconstructions
This book is an essential reference for practicing and trainee surgeons in general and specialized surgical disciplines. Plastic and reconstructive, trauma/burn, orthopaedic, otolaryngology-head and neck, and maxillofacial surgeons will greatly benefit from this comprehensive resource.