Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Krakowski, Andrew C.; Shumaker, Peter R.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 83
Doody Core Title:
A multidisciplinary team of leading world experts presents the state of the art in scar pathophysiology and treatment, breaking down the barriers between medical disciplines to provide unprecedented holistic guidance.
Scarring and fibrosis affect millions of people worldwide, and can be devastating both physically and psychologically, whether they result from major trauma such as burns or common conditions such as acne. Put today’s most advanced clinical approaches to work for your patients with this new book!
- Grasp the full scope of the problem with a section on ""Perspectives"", which presents insights into the history and current state of trauma rehabilitation, reconstruction, and scar management, and examines some of the ethical principles that serve to guide decision making.
- Understand scar pathophysiology with a section on ""Formation"" that covers the development of normotrophic, hypertrophic, and atrophic scars after cutaneous injury.
- Apply interventions that expedite wound healing and minimize scarring after injury with a section on ""Mitigation.""
- Reduce the impact of existing scars,both large and small, with a comprehensive section on ""Rehabilitation"" that encompasses a wide range of treatment options including medical management, surgical revision, lasers and light devices, fat grafting, multimodal scar management, physical measures, scar camouflage, mental health support, and considerations in special populations such as children and patients with skin of color.
- Explore scar-related research and future advances with a section on ""Prevention.""
Scar Book, The: Formation, Mitigation, Rehabilitation, and Prevention