Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Mensik, Jennifer S.
Publisher: American Nurses Association, Inc
This book translates theory into practice and offers critical information that all nurses can apply in their practice.
Nurses are natural leaders. But as healthcare organizations continue to merge and accountable care organizations are created, you need real-world insights into how to navigate and lead in this new environment.
After reading, nurses from the bedside all the way to the corner office will be able to:
- Understand healthcare systems, collaboration, change and why a system needs to work together.
- Learn what ""Systems Thinking"" is and how to effectively use it in your own environment.
- Implement key tips on how to facilitate change for future success.
- Bridge innovation and standardization to improve patient care.
- Employ techniques on how to move your organization forward through strategic thinking and planning.
Throughout this book you will read theory, practice and numerous ""ah ha"" moments from your peers about what it means to work in a system. Plus, build a deeper understanding of the open systems.
Lead, Drive & Thrive in the System