Provides a framework to better understand information overload and the various factors and contexts that influence its effect on care providers, patients and families.
The book includes several case studies designed to help you apply the framework, as well as tips and tools to reference as you embrace the opportunity to change how you handle overload!
It brings you to a better understanding of the numerous factors that influence nurses’ interpretation of the information and cues they deal with every day in practice.
Relevant to all levels of nurses practicing in health care organizations and academic institutions, the book is structured so that you can weave in and out of chapters relevant to your particular area of interest.
Publisher: American Nurses Association, Inc
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Sitterding, Mary; Broome, Marion E.
Management & Administration
Edition: 1st Ed.
Information Overload: Framework, Tips, and Tools to Manage in Complex Healthcare Environments
- Correctional Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- What's Next? The Smart Nurse’s Guide to Your Dream Job
- Lead, Drive & Thrive in the System
- Not Part of the Job: How to Take a Stand Against Violence in the Work Setting
- Nursing and Health Care Ethics: A Legacy and a Vision
- Palliative Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Communication, Collaboration, and You: Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Nursing Practice
- Data Makes a Difference: The Smart Nurse’s Handbook for Using Data to Improve Care
- Nursing's Leading Edges: Advancing the Profession through Specialization, Credentialing, and Certification
- Mindfulness and You: Being Present in Nursing Practice
- Transformational Eldercare from the Inside Out: Strengths-Based Strategies for Caring
- Gerontological Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- NDNQI Case Studies in Nursing Quality Improvement
- Self-Care and You: Caring for the Caregiver
- Neuroscience Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements
- Rheumatology Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Public Health Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Holistic Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Home Health Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Cardiovascular Nursing: Scopes and Standards of Practice
- Genetics/Genomics Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Care Coordination: The Game Changer: How Nursing is Revolutionizing Quality Care
- What Would Florence Do? A Guide for New Nurse Managers
- The Essential Guide to Nursing Practice: Applying ANA’s Scope and Standards of Practice and Education
- Pediatric Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- Guide to the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements: Development, Interpretation, and Application
- Teaching IOM: Implications of the Institute of Medicine Reports for Nursing Education
- Sustained Improvement in Nursing Quality: Hospital Performance on NDQI Indicators, 2007-2008
- Forensic Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice