Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Duffy, Melanie; McCoy, Shirley Fields
Publisher: American Nurses Association, Inc
Provides an explanation of principles and relevant strategies for practice in situations in which RNs delegate tasks to unlicensed assistive personnal (UAPs).
Written by two experienced nurses who served as educators, mentors and preceptors in many practice settings, this is a handy guide to the essentials of delegation and related decision-making. It includes the following:
- The six criteria that every nurse must consider before delegating
- An easy-to-follow illustrated example of A Decision Tree for Delegatio just for nurses
- The 11 essential principles of delegation
- A criteria-based process model of critical thinking skills to assist with delegation decisions
- The key barriers to delegation and how to overcome them
The book is for all clinical nurses, nurse managers and other RNs who lead care teams and delegate activities or tasks.
Delegation and You: When to Delegate and to Whom