Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: King, Cynthia R.; Gerard, Sally O’Toole
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 84
Now in its second edition, this book remains the only comprehensive resource for clinical nurse leaders preparing for certification.
The guide stems directly from Dr. King's acclaimed exam preparation course, which resulted in a 100% pass rate among students who took the course. The second edition reflects the new requirements of Competencies and Curricular Expectations for Clinical Nurse Leader Education and Practice (2013), featuring new and updated chapters with information about risk mitigation, lateral integration, interprofessional skills, care coordination, and evidence-based practice; an updated glossary of key terms; and new multiple-choice questions and case studies.
The resource mirrors the format of the AACN exam, and continues to cover all aspects of the current test, providing detailed information on taking the exam, how to analyze and interpret exam questions, basic test-taking skills, questions to stimulate critical thinking, a sample exam with answers and rationales, and content review of everything you need to know to succeed on the exam. The review not only helps individuals preparing for the exam, but also provides strategies to help groups of students make the best use of the book. It offers direction for faculty who are designing review courses and serves as a valuable resource during the clinical nurse leader program itself.
New to the Second Edition:
- Reflects new competencies
- Presents new and updated chapters
- Includes a new glossary of terms
- Provides new multiple-choice questions and case studies
- Addresses risk mitigation, lateral integration, interprofessional skills, care coordination, and evidence-based practice
- Delivers top-notch, comprehensive test-preparation assistance
- Presents guidelines on question dissection and analysis
- Facilitates critical thinking with multiple-choice questions and case studies written by certified clinical nurse leaders