Ideal for both trainee and experienced surgeons, Surgical Anatomy and Mastery of Open Operations: A Multimedia Curriculum for Training Residents offers expert coverage of essential open procedures, both common and uncommon.
In today’s surgical environment, open operations have declined in frequency, but the need for a practical, superbly illustrated reference in this area is still great.
In print and on video, this "go to" resource includes clinical highlights, practical tips, and detailed illustrations.
- Organizes dozens of procedures according to common anatomic categories, with step-by-step descriptions, high-quality illustrations, and accompanying videos.
- Provides details and nuances about proper exposure, as well as technical information essential to performing open operations safely and efficiently.
- Covers once-common operations that are still essential in the modern surgeon’s repertoire, such as common bile duct exploration, choledochoduodenostomy, splenectomy, and partial gastric resections.
- Includes operations which have been demonstrated to be associated with better patient outcomes, such as total mesorectal excision.
- Covers pulmonary resections; thyroidectomy, oophorectomy, and hysterectomy; and a wealth of vascular exposures which are necessary to treat vascular injury and disease.
- Compiles the expertise and knowledge of experienced contributing and reviewing surgeons, as well as an anatomist and medical illustrator, to highlight Dr. Jensen’s work with residents in the hands-on surgical anatomy lab at the University of North Dakota.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Jensen, Mark O.
Edition: 1st Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®: